September 21, 2011

Herbst

Die Bäume harren aus in trübem Tag.
Mit jedem Blatt fällt eine Hoffnung.

Auf dunklen Straßen hallen Schritte.
Der kalte Morgennebel greift das Herz.

Der Pfeil fliehender Vögel drängt nach Süden.
Die Sehnsucht zieht auf Flügeln himmelwärts.

Dein glimmender Stern schweigt in den Wolken.
Raureif verkündet Winter.

9 comments:

Elisabeth Candina Laka said...

The first two verses are impeccable.

Your poem is very visual. You have "painted" perfectly the sensations of this season(Autumn), of a moment just about to change into... Who knows?

I felt cold after reading it.

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

Thank you : ) I wonder if I'll ever write something joyful.

Kenia Cris said...

I like the imagery here. Autumn has different colors for you and me but still the same gloomy feeling I guess. I hope Google Translator made a good work translating your poem from German. It's a language I still would love to learn.

Take care and smile. Soup might make this heart warmer. You are a beautiful soul.

<3

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

Thank you, Kenia *blushes* : ) Google Translator has to learn German, too. But I think it's good enough to let the meaning shine through. I admit that German is a really complicated language. Take care and keep your smile, too.

Anonymous said...

Man kann sogar das Warten der Blaetter hoeren. Die Schatten bewegt sich tief in uns herein. So huebsch ist dein Herbstgedicht. Q x

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

Danke dir, Quirina : )

Bill said...

Well that's easy for you to say! I'll have to go hit the translate link.

Bill said...

Ah! Autumn. Such a beautiful season, but the predecessor to my nemesis - Winter! Hopefully we won't have so many gray days this year.

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

Fotunately we know that winter is the predecessor of spring : ) Yes, it's the missing light that bears us down.

Post a Comment