January 03, 2012

Alliterative Annäherung

wehmütig wandernde
sehnsüchtig suchende
wallende wünsche
harren der hoffnung
erquickender erfüllung

vorerst vergeblich

9 comments:

Elisabeth Candina Laka said...

I need help with the last line.
Danke

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

"por el momento en vano" : ) ¡De nada!
It's half wordplay, half heartfelt ;-)

Bill said...

Thank goodness for Google Translate! It translated your poem as:

wistfully wandering
eagerly seeking
flowing wish
wait in hope
refreshing as conditional

time being in vain

Evidently you still have all that "yearning" going on! :O)

Elisabeth Candina Laka said...

Danke, Martin.
This helps completing what I had been translating yesterday afternoon.

As a poem I think it is very good.
And what is a poem? :)

As a poem:
"Muy logrado, la expresión de un sentimiento repetitivo mediante la aliteración. Los verbos elegidos también, muy acertados; al igual que el título: todo queda dentro del poema, nada sale de él".

But what I like most of the poem is that it is valid for more general feelings.

tus olas van, como mis pensamientos,
y vienen, van y vienen,
...
con un eterno conocerse,
mar, y desconocerse.

JRJ ("Soledad", Diario de Poeta y Mar)

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

"Very successful, the expression of a sentiment repeated by alliteration. The verbs chosen also very successful, as the title, everything is within the poem, nothing out of it."

Thank you, Elisabeth : )

I think if no translation of JRJ's works is available I have to try to read this book in Spanish. What you posted so far is really amazing!

Hugs to you.

eclipseofthemoon said...

...it may seem vain yet
hope may not go astray...
Beautifully expressed Martin......

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

Thank you. Even if everything has faded - sparks of hope keep glimmering in the darkest vault.

Claudia said...

nice...so you're writing english, german and english poetry...are you german? i'm german but writing my poetry in english at the moment.. nice to meet you martin

Martin (starwatcher521) said...

Ja, danke dir, Claudia : )

Post a Comment