September 03, 2012

Vorherbst

Der Sommer geht –
bald wird die Zeit sein
da Nebel aufzieh'n in den Gründen
wenn spät der Morgen taut.

Bald wird die Zeit sein
da sich in Auen Kühle frisst
und Feuer in den Häusern zünden.

Bald wird der Pfeil der Vögel flieh'n
auf Flügeln schwer, der Sehnsucht nach,
ins Land von Gold und Purpur.


Bald schon muss spätes Laub
fallen von starren Zweigen,
blutrot im Sterben steh'n.

Bald wird die Zeit sein
da in den Straßen, leergepeitscht vom Sturm
kaum noch ein Schritt verhallt.

Bald werden schwere Wolken jäh
die dunklen Wälder schütteln,
verwelkten Sommertraum verweh'n im Wind.


Wieder ist Zeit
da um das Herz sich Schweigen legt
im Nachtfrost.



4 comments:

eclipseofthemoon said...

Soon ..heavy clouds..
Have they ever been away..?
A beautifully told autumn story...
(Hope I'm not way off with this now... :))

Martin said...

You are right in that way that heavy clouds don't need a specific season ;-)

Pearson Report said...

This is how the changing of seasons feels - you've captured it in words so beguiling.
And yet..I love the feeling of being closed in by the weight of "heavy clouds" draped over my shoulders as I say goodbye to the searing heat of a summer's day. Ah...Autumn!

Also, though I can read German, I took a moment to translate this to English; it does not show up in the same poetic styling the way your original does but it was interesting reading your words in English and seeing how my own translation was very close upon my first reading.

Thank you for adding the "translate this site" button. :)

Martin said...

That's more or less the way I use the Translator myself. Thank you : )

Post a Comment