October 03, 2017

autumnal dusk

misty light over the autumn lake
sun of melancholy abiding behind cloth of sky
a reddened leaf in tender touch of water's skin
adrift in soft chime of the piano's flight
into a blurred horizon of snow's whirling flakes

where forest's dreams abide in sight of moon
born from a sea of crimson and lavender
where faeries in the purest white
of angel wings outpour from lily's chalice 
water from holy spring, 
wine of your love.


(for D.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how deeply poetic is such gentle love, ever pure, unstained by worldly noise and time..

Martin said...

*takes a bow* Thank you : ))

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Beautifully done.
Anna :o]

Charlotte said...

I'm having trouble commenting on your website. But I love this beautiful poem. Especially thus line: "where forest's dreams abide in sight of moon"

Excuse me if you get multiple comments from me!

Charlotte said...

I'm having trouble commenting on your website. But I love this beautiful poem. Especially thus line: "where forest's dreams abide in sight of moon"

Excuse me if you get multiple comments from me!

Martin said...

Thank you, dear Anna and Charlotte : )

Post a Comment