July 25, 2014

Summer Field





Enchanted is the hour
before the break of night:
Illuminated lies the fading day
with weight upon our hearts
as darkening dream.

In stainless blue
the skylark tweets
as if a mockingbird
jeered the futility
of our souls' striving.

The corn stands bold
amidst the waning heat
awaiting scythe and mill
nurturing those who can
no longer feast on words.

A golden glowing eve:
corn poppies' fragile sway
in sighing wind
caught in those countless ears.

You are a summer field.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a softly golden evening dream you depict, ethereal and earthy at the same time. this makes me long to run away to the countryside right now :)

Martin said...

Thank you dear friend : )

Eclipse said...

One word: Unique...

Martin said...

Hvala lijepa : )

Bill said...

I'll have to come back to read your poetry. I couldn't find your blog! Now I know why. You changed the name.

Post a Comment