The river's drifting slowly, grey and silver
beneath soft bulky clouds laden with shadows,
uprising dreams heaved by a western wind.
A flock of gulls swims with the current,
vacation travellers beckoned by breath
of distant seas, white cotton balls
knowing their home in wides and wilds.
Our roots afloat, enmeshed in driftwood
broken from glowing trees
in sparkling autums
before first snowfall.
The sky breaks not;
only a remote thunder
rumours and dissipates,
leaving the earth
unquenched.
.jpg)
3 comments:
i love the idea of home in wides and wilds :) gentle and moving, this flows like a song of seasons filled with harmony.
Thank you, dear Yelena, I was indeed lying at the Rhine when I decided to write it and the flow of everything in nature crossed my mind and soul. The metaphors seem to be unobtrusive it seems : )
It often feels like days remain unquenched. I guess we can find solace in the fact that others feel the same way we do. (not that we would wish that for anyone)
Post a Comment